Aloha Construction is a family owned company that provides construction services in Southern Wisconsin and Illinois in the United States. To date, the company has managed to complete more than 18,000 projects spread over many regions like Washington, Champaign Counties, and Peoria. The company is based in Illinois in the United States and recently prepared a charity event as it usually does on an annual basis. Like any other part of the United States, many families in Illinois cannot afford to purchase dollies and toys for their children due to their low earnings. It is for this reason that Aloha Construction opens their heart every year to help these families. The event is usually a shopping spree to help local children, and the company considers doing this as the best way to give back to the society that constitutes its niche. The company had created an extension to propel its philanthropy, Dave Farbaky Foundation, and it had intentions to use this function as the launching point for the extension. The Farbaky Foundation in collaboration with Learning Express Toys Company had agreed to provide a sixty seconds spending spree for four children hailing from the society.
Dave, the Chief Executive Officer of Dave Farbaky Foundation as well as Aloha Construction, stated that allowing children buy at the expense of the company could be seen by many as a little achievement, but in reality, it means so much to these kids. Dave said it had taken time and effort to put him in such a position where he can offer children with an opportunity to feel cared for. The event was scheduled for the 14th of August this year, and each of the four children were to be given sixty seconds each to shop. This means that whole spree was to last for four minutes. Dave was waiting at the door to greet and congratulate the children for successfully taking part in the event.
Learning Express Toys offered to give a discount of forty percent for the items that the kids were to pick during this event. Mister Derr Rick, the owner of Learning Express Toys that he was interested in the event as it serves to teach youngsters about the importance of random acts of kindness to the society. Communities That Care and Omni-Youth Center, local charities, also offered to assist in the search for needy children to participate in the event. The philanthropic work of Dave Farbaky Foundation is incredible, and the company indicated that it intends to conduct the events every month to reach more needy children.
The date of the event came, and everything happened as planned. It was attended by the children of Omni-Youth Services. The CEO of Aloha Construction and Dave Farbaky Foundation, Dave, has been a member of Lake County Community. Before coming up with this initiative, Dave had observed that almost all the children needed toys which their parents could not afford. He, therefore, chose to launch shopping spree events targeting children hailing from low-income families to provide them with this remarkable opportunity.
Azka, Anousheh, Ifra, and Kuna, are the four girls who took part in the event. It was a big event that was attended by many people to cheer the kids. The cheers from the watching crowd attracted many families that passed by to watch the event. Dave further allowed the children thirty more minutes to collect more dollies and toys from the shelves. It was an exceptional experience for the children, and their families were relieved as the toys, and other items the children collected were costly for their families to spend lots of money to purchase.
Conducting the shopping spree events will for sure benefit many families and will create the sense of positivity and readiness to help other members of the society. Giving back to the society is one of the critical philanthropic engagements that any organization can engage to bring people closer. This not only creates close bonds between Aloha Construction Company and the surrounding communities but also it is a sign of responsiveness. It also forges among the target people a feeling of connectivity and association to the organization helping them.
· It empowers the less privileged – It offers the less privileged members of communities the opportunities to benefit from the philanthropic services that are extended by host organization(s).
· Helpful in building relationships within an immediate community – It fosters the relationship between organizations and the community, and this promotes the organizational image. A good image, will in most cases create a conducive environment to conduct its routine operations.
· It helps to create a custom volunteer plan – Philanthropy creates a tradition of helping people change their lives even if in just one day. When this tradition cements its space in the society, it helps transform the lives of peoples who would have otherwise lost the opportunity to prosper in its absence.
· Giving back to the society is empowering your potential futuristic customers – This means that although the community may not be playing an active role in the direct purchasing of goods or services offered by the host organization, philanthropy empowers them to some extent every other time it is embraced. Repeated activities will finally transform the needy’ society to very loyal customers. Therefore, Giving back to the community not only affords the host a sense of fulfillment but can serve to change the fortune of business.
· Giving back to the society helps to get employees on board – When the employees participate in work aimed at giving back to the society, the interaction with locals prevails a sense of attachment to the community among the employees. They feel responsible for making the life for someone better and this molds and prepares them for leadership.
Take a look at Aloha Construction and all the good work they are doing on Facebook!