From time immemorial, healers and physicians have been using essential oils as means of treatment. These oils are used for reducing mental health symptoms, reduce pain and cure irritation. However, in recent times, there has been a reawakening of its usage as most people are beginning to resort to natural remedies for treating different ailments. Also, various research conducted on essential oil has proven its efficacy in preventing, healing, and reducing different diseases with no side effects. To get the best out of any essential oil, you must find out the oil suitable for your need and the appropriate method to get the best from its usage. Some essential oil must be ingested into the body, while some have to be used aromatically or topically. To make the process of choosing the best oil for your health need, here is a recommended list of the top finest oils and how best to use them.
1. Pumpkin Seed Oil
Pumpkin is more than that fruit used to make the perfect pie or as a decoration for Halloween. The seeds have incredible benefits, especially pumpkin seed oil, so here are a few of them:
- It may help ease the symptoms of an enlarged prostate, a condition known as benign prostate hyperplasia. When applied topically, it can also treat a bacterial infection known as chronic nonbacterial prostatitis, common in older men.
- Using pumpkin seed on your hair can lead to impressive hair growth since it acts as a helpful supplement for treating mild to moderate hair loss.
- Got an overactive bladder? The pumpkin seed oil has potent ingredients that make it active in treating urinary disorders.
- Rather than consume trans or saturated fats, the pumpkin seed oil is a healthier alternative that reduces high blood pressure and lowers body cholesterol. With this, you can lower your chances of having heart disease.
2. Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus essential oil is a colossus, and it has a lot of benefits which include:
- Highly effective in relieving flu symptoms, cold, and congestion
- For those with open wounds, eucalyptus is an effective agent that serves as an antibacterial for wound care
- It aids respiratory conditions and enhances mental clarity
- It reduces pain, headaches, and inflammation
- Acts as a shield against infection
Eucalyptus Essential Oil can be diffused into a room or apply directly to the skin by using a carrier oil.
3. Frankincense Essential Oil
This oil first came into the limelight as a holy oil because it was primarily used in religious settings. However, further research has shown frankincense essential oil is effective in treating acne, digestion, dental hygiene, scars, amongst other health benefits. It can also treat more adverse ailments such as cancer, diabetes, asthma, while medical experts also recommend frankincense oil for treating certain types of tumors.
Furthermore, frankincense oil is also suitable for those with memory retention problems. You can apply the oil directly to hot bathing water. It also is mixed with toothpaste for oral dental care or applied directly to the skin with a carrier oil.
4. Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil
Are your looking for ways to lose some pound using a natural remedy? You should try out pink grapefruit essential oil – the oil can reduce your sugar consumption to the barest minimum and reduce your appetite while also boosting your metabolism. It also works as a liver cleaning agent and also be added to perfumes.
In addition, pink grapefruit essential oil reduces depression, arteries, soothes fatigue, ache, and muscle strain. The oil can be applied to the skin with a diffuser oil or add few drops to bathing water. It can also be aromatically in a diffuser.
5. Jojoba Oil
Although jojoba is not an essential oil, research has shown it is highly effective in treating heal dry, cracked skin, and fighting various skin infections. In addition, jojoba oil can be used for treating eczema, psoriasis, sunburn, dry scalp, and hair loss. Jojoba oil is a carrier oil needed to dilute essential oil to reduce skin reaction or irritation. The oil has no side effects when used directly on the skin.
Nature has so many gifts that we can harness to improve the quality of our lives. Essential oils are one of them. With the right ones, you can treat various symptoms naturally and without side effects.