Born in the year 1940, Roslyn Falco turned 82 in 2022. She is widely recognized as the half-sister of the infamous American serial killer, David Berkowitz. Roslyn Falco is the daughter of Tony Falco and Betty Falco. Her life has been shrouded in obscurity, largely due to her association with one of the most notorious criminals in American history.
Table of Contents
Quick Overview of Roslyn Falco’s Profile
|Age (2022)||82 years old|
|Known As||Half-Sister of David Berkowitz|
|Parents||Tony Falco and Betty Falco|
Roslyn’s mother, Betty Falco, was left by Tony Falco for another woman shortly after Roslyn’s birth. Betty subsequently became involved with a married man, Joseph Kleinman. Unfortunately, details such as Roslyn Falco’s exact date of birth, her childhood experiences, educational background, among other personal information remain elusive. Updates will be provided as they become available.
The Notorious Half-Brother – David Berkowitz
Roslyn Falco’s half-brother, David Berkowitz, was originally named Richard David Falco. He gained notoriety under aliases such as “Son of Sam” and “.44 Caliber Killer”. David was born on June 1, 1953, in Brooklyn, New York, and enlisted in the United States Army after growing up in New York City. His biological parents are Betty Broder and Joseph Kleinman.
David Berkowitz, infamously known as the .44 Caliber Killer, confessed to eight shootings that commenced on July 29, 1976, in New York City. His reign of terror spanned from July 29, 1976, to July 31, 1977, during which he murdered six people and injured seven others, using a .44 Special caliber Bulldog revolver.
His crime spree incited fear among New Yorkers and attracted global attention. Evading the largest police manhunt in New York City history, he left chilling letters that taunted the police and threatened further crimes. These letters were widely publicized by the press.
Indicted for eight shootings, David admitted to all charges. He initially claimed that his crimes were prompted by a demon manifested in the form of his neighbor “Sam”‘s dog. However, he later admitted that the dog-and-devil narrative was fabricated.
He was found mentally competent to stand trial and pleaded guilty to second-degree murder. Following his arrest, he was initially confined to a psychiatric ward in Kings County Hospital.
David Berkowitz’s Arrest and Conviction
On August 10, 1977, David Berkowitz was arrested. He was found guilty and sentenced to six consecutive life sentences in state prison, with the possibility of parole after 25 years. He appeared calm in court on May 8, 1978, when he pleaded guilty to all the shootings.
He was sentenced to 25 years-to-life in prison for each murder, to be served consecutively. His sentence was pronounced on June 12, 1978. Initially, he was ordered to serve time in Attica Correctional Facility, an Upstate New York supermax prison. His guilty plea made him eligible for parole in 25 years.
David Berkowitz was subsequently imprisoned at Shawangunk Correctional Facility, United States, but before that, he was first taken to Sing Sing prison and then to the Clinton Correctional Facility for psychiatric and physical examinations.
He also spent approximately a decade in Attica prison until he was transferred (circa 1990) to Sullivan Correctional Facility in Fallsburg. After his arrest, his alias “Son of Sam” became synonymous with a notorious serial killer.
How many did people David kill?
David Berkowitz, also known as the “Son of Sam” or the “.44 Caliber Killer,” was a notorious serial killer who terrorized New York City in the late 1970s. Berkowitz was convicted of a series of shootings that left six people dead and several others wounded. His reign of terror took place primarily from 1976 to 1977.
Here are some of the known victims of David Berkowitz:
- Donna Lauria: On July 29, 1976, Donna Lauria and her friend Jody Valenti were sitting in a car in the Bronx when Berkowitz approached and opened fire. Lauria tragically died from her injuries, and Valenti was wounded but survived
- Carl Denaro: On November 27, 1976, Carl Denaro was shot in the head while sitting in a car with his friend Rosemary Keenan. He survived the attack but suffered severe injuries
- Rosemary Keenan: As mentioned, Rosemary Keenan was in the car with Carl Denaro during the November 1976 shooting. She was also shot but survived her injuries
- Christine Freund: On January 30, 1977, Berkowitz targeted Christine Freund and her boyfriend, John Diel, as they sat in a car in Queens. Freund was killed, and Diel was wounded but survived
- Virginia Voskerichian: On March 8, 1977, Berkowitz shot and killed 20-year-old Virginia Voskerichian as she was walking home from class at Barnard College in Manhattan
- Valentina Suriani: On April 17, 1977, Berkowitz entered an apartment in the Bronx and shot Valentina Suriani and Alexander Esau, who were both killed. Suriani’s sister and her sister’s boyfriend were also in the apartment but survived
- Alexander Esau: Alexander Esau was with Valentina Suriani during the April 1977 attack and was also killed
Berkowitz’s random and seemingly senseless shootings created widespread fear and panic in New York City during that time. He was eventually captured by the police in August 1977 and subsequently confessed to the shootings, claiming that he had been commanded to kill by a demonic entity through his neighbor’s dog. Berkowitz was convicted of these crimes and is currently serving multiple life sentences in prison.
Roslyn Falco’s Personal Life
Details about Roslyn Falco’s romantic relationships remain undisclosed. It is uncertain whether she is single or in a relationship, as she has successfully maintained her privacy. We currently do not have any records of her past or present relationships. Endeavors to unearth more about her personal life are ongoing.
Although Roslyn Falco has largely remained out of the limelight, her connection to one of the most infamous criminals of the 20th century has inevitably drawn public attention to her. Despite the scarcity of information about her, this article outlines the known facts about Roslyn and her notorious half-brother, David Berkowitz. As we continue to gather more details, updates will be provided.