Capture the magic of winter with an unforgettable experience of ice skating in Sacramento. Sacramento boasts a number of enchanting ice rinks that promise to add sparkle to your winter festivities. Whether you’re a novice or an expert, the ice rinks in Sacramento offer the perfect setting to create magical memories.
Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink: The Heart of Winter Merriment
The Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink is a must-visit winter attraction, nestled in the heart of the city at Ali Youssefi Square. With its frosty ambiance and welcoming atmosphere, this rink provides an ideal escape into a winter wonderland.
The Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink opens its doors to visitors from November 9. Operating hours vary throughout the week:
- Tuesday – Thursday: 2 – 9 PM
- Friday – Sunday: 10 AM – 10 PM
- Closed on Mondays except for holidays
The holidays bring extended hours and more skating fun:
- Christmas Eve: 10 AM – 9 PM
- Christmas Day: 12 PM – 9 PM
- Dec. 26 – Jan. 8: 10 AM – 10 PM
- New Year’s Eve: 10 AM – 9 PM
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: 10 AM – 8 PM
The Downtown Sacramento Ice Skating Rink hosts a variety of special events throughout the holiday season. From the Giving Tuesday on November 29 to the last Crafting Kindness event on January 14, a multitude of activities are planned to keep the excitement for skaters going.
The admission fees for the Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink are as follows:
- Children 6 and under: $8
- Regular Admission: $15
The cost of admission includes the rental of skates.
Visitors can take advantage of several discount opportunities:
- $5 off with Western Health Advantage card
- $5 off with same-day receipt from a DOCO business
- $2 off with same-day SacRT ticket or pass
- Free for Veterans and Active Duty with Military ID
- Free for Sacramento Kings Kids Club All-Star Members
For any inquiries, you can reach out at (916) 738-0703.
Skatetown Ice Arena: Indoor Fun in the Frosty Winter
If you’re looking for an indoor skating experience, Skatetown Ice Arena is your place to be. This venue offers a range of activities including games, laser light shows, and even free skating lessons for beginners.
Imaginarium: A Unique Ice Skating Experience
For those seeking a unique ice skating Sacramento experience, the Imaginarium is an outdoor rink with a twist – it’s covered by a tent! Located in El Dorado Hills, this rink is a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
Folsom Historic District Ice Rink: Skating Amidst History
The Folsom Historic District Ice Rink offers a blend of history and fun. Nestled in the heart of Folsom, this rink provides a charming backdrop for your winter escapades.
How to Reach the Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink
Whether you’re coming from Folsom, Elk Grove, Roseville, Davis, or Natomas, reaching the Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink is a breeze. The rink is conveniently located in Ali Youssefi Square, at the intersection of Seventh and K Streets.
For those using public transportation, you can utilize the SacRT light rail, as the ice rink is conveniently adjacent to the St. Rose of Lima Park light rail station at Ninth and K streets.
Parking Near the Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink
Parking is available in three closest garages to the rink:
- DOCO East Garage: Seventh & K streets
- City Hall Garage: 10th & I streets
- Capitol Garage: 10th & L streets
For more parking options, you can visit the SacPark website.
Tips for an Enjoyable Ice Skating Experience
When planning your ice skating Sacramento expedition, remember to:
- Dress warmly, but not too heavily. Layer your clothing for the best comfort
- Wear thick socks for better insulation and to prevent blisters
- Don’t forget your gloves and a hat – they’ll keep you warm and protect you in case of falls
- Last but not least, enjoy every moment!
Ice skating in Sacramento is not just a sport, it’s an experience – one filled with laughter, excitement, and memorable moments. So, gather your loved ones, strap on your skates, and glide into a winter wonderland!